Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #1
dat

Another door lock question

We have a rockwood 2614, Iím guessing the locks are pretty much the same on all the forest river brands, two locks handle and deadbolt, keyed the same, hasnít happened often, but enough to make me start trying to figure it out, the door will lock on its own and lock you out, I havenít been able to make it do it when i try, but every once in a while when you go outside and shut the door, it will be locked when you try to go back in. Ive been lucky so far and always had a key. First time our grand daughter had opened and closed the door, we thought she had locked it, second time i had gone out, didnít think much of it, then it has locked on its own four or five times since through the week.
Anybody have any ideas on what would cause an unlocked door to lock when opened and shut?
We donít lock it often when weíre out, but it is locked often enough that nothing is binding or tight in the locks

Sent by string and cans
dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:42 PM   #2
Always Learning

The standard brand door lock is known to do this. There was a recall on the Trimark (I think that's the company) brand door locks.

Tags
door, lock, question