Old 09-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #1

Awning Arms: 1 up, 1 down-ok?

Someone just gave us a screen room (don't know who made it, and it's pretty old) and we are going to try to put it up tomorrow. Thing is, our awning arms can go down like poles or stay up in the triangle brace. (Sorry, not fluent in RV lingo). I would like them down, but one would be on concrete and the other on the soil.

Should I put them both down, the soil-side one down and the other up, or keep them both up? Does it matter? What would you do?

The screen room has poles which extend from the RV to the awning roller.

Thanks. So glad to have people to turn to!

Old 09-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimnSylvia View Post
Someone just gave us a screen room (don't know who made it, and it's pretty old) and we are going to try to put it up tomorrow. Thing is, our awning arms can go down like poles or stay up in the triangle brace. (Sorry, not fluent in RV lingo). I would like them down, but one would be on concrete and the other on the soil.

Should I put them both down, the soil-side one down and the other up, or keep them both up? Does it matter? What would you do?

The screen room has poles which extend from the RV to the awning roller.

Thanks. So glad to have people to turn to!
Would suggest never have to poles on the ground, very unstable. One is fine but be mindful of the weather, I had one take off in very strong winds and had hole punched in the roof.

VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #3

Got 'er done!

Thanks for the input.

We put one arm up and one down. The screen room is in place. Is pretty old and had to drill hole and put on brackets. We'll see if it all works right when the first bigger wind comes! Am glad we are permanent residents; would hate to take this thing down and put it up again and again!

Thanks again.
Sylvia
Old 09-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #4

Just a thought. Your awning poles should have a couple holes in the feet and those are to secure with pegs in the ground when the awning is in the carport configuration (poles on the ground and not attached to side of unit).
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #5

Yes, thanks

We have secured to pole in the soil with two spikes. The other pole is still hooked on the side of the unit.

Sadly, we got the screen room all set up-inside-out! Had to take it down and turn it around! haha Would have rained inside (if it would even rain here!)

Thanks again!

Tags
awning