Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2017, 03:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time-Travelers View Post
What did you end up doing? Did the dealer ever reply? We're noticing the same issue... TY!
Funny you should ask just now. I just got a final answer from my dealer on Saturday. My dealer has been working on it since about a week after I originally posted about this.

After my dealer first went straight to Dometic and got nowhere, since Dometic's warranty is only one year, they went to Forest River. Since I am still within my Forest River one-year extended warranty period, they agreed to provide new awning material and pay for two hours labor. My dealer told Forest River that two hours was not enough -- that it takes at least two men two hours, but Forest River would not bend. So, the dealer agreed with me to cover one hour of additional labor if I paid the other. I think this is a fair deal and I am happy. My dealer put in a lot of time and effort to get this resolved.

Also, my dealer will be sending their guys to me to do the replacement at no additional charge. Did I mention before that I love my dealer?

Bruce
Old 06-19-2017, 08:39 AM   #22

Thank you for the follow up. I would also be curious to know when they replace the awning material, if they do anything differently... if it's the same 'design', seems like it would end in the same outcome further down the road? Thanks again!
3.5L V-6 Ecoboost
Time-Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time-Travelers View Post
Thank you for the follow up. I would also be curious to know when they replace the awning material, if they do anything differently... if it's the same 'design', seems like it would end in the same outcome further down the road? Thanks again!
I think you're right, although I do have two awnings on my Windjammer and the other one doesn't have the same problem.

Bruce
Old 06-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #24

I had the same leak, forest river replaced awning under warranty. The new awning also leaked . I fixed the leaky seam (stitching) with a spray can of clear FLEX SEAL . With the awning unrolled about 1 1/2 feet the stitching was sprayed from the top using my step ladder . Flex Seal can be bought at any big box store.
modaholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, cover, leak, repair