Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #1

Awning Size for 2016 Rockwood HW296

We had our 2016 Rockwood HW296 out this past weekend, and a combination of wind and rain wrecked the Dometic Trim Line awning that came with our camper. Before we thought to measure it, we had the awning down and taken away.

The sockets on the roof into which you insert the awning support poles are approximately 12' 7" apart, center to center. Based on this, what width awning should I obtain as a replacement? (I'm assuming there's a standard width recommended for the HW296, but I can't find a reference to it.)

Any information would be appreciated!
JMMount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. You might try contacting FR for the answer. Another thought is get hold of the awning mfg and give them your dimensions both with and hight they should be able to advise. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #3

I just measured mine on my 296...13 feet.
michigan_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:38 PM   #4

Actually, it might be a little less, since I was judging by the closed bag. You said the pole slots were 12'7". The poles attach at the edges so the awning must be closer to that size.
michigan_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:08 PM   #5

A little advice for the future

A little advice for the future:

When you are repairing ANYTHING and you find a part that must be replaced, NEVER discard the part until the replacement is installed and fully operational. You will never know in advance if the new part comes with every bolt, bracket, and fitting needed for the installation until you actually do it.

And the seemingly inconsequential little fitting may only be available as part of an expensive fitting.

Good luck with the awning, and I hope this isn't happening to you. Many of us have learned this lesson the hard way.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMount View Post
We had our 2016 Rockwood HW296 out this past weekend, and a combination of wind and rain wrecked the Dometic Trim Line awning that came with our camper. Before we thought to measure it, we had the awning down and taken away.

The sockets on the roof into which you insert the awning support poles are approximately 12' 7" apart, center to center. Based on this, what width awning should I obtain as a replacement? (I'm assuming there's a standard width recommended for the HW296, but I can't find a reference to it.)

Any information would be appreciated!
I have a brand new awning from my 2018 HW296 in black which was never even opened. one of the first things i did was replace it with carefree retractable awning. If you're close to the Philly burbs you're more than welcome to it.... it's just collecting dust in the loft now.
dtptrson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, rockwood