Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #1

Best place to buy entrance door handle/lock

I have a 2002 FR sunseeker motorhome. The door handle malfunctioned, do that the door wouldn't open. Now that I have destroyed it getting the door open, where can I buy a new one at a fair price... So far all of the prices are around $160.00

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1189347209.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	30735

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3981539784.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	30736

Thanks

(BTW I meant to say doorhandle/LOCK not lick...silly auto-correct)
Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
Campfire Master

Is this what you're looking for? Dyers RV

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #3

Pretty sure this is the one for $59.50 plus shipping. (Double check dimensions)
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #4

Trimark door latch equipment failure

I just had a similar problem with my 2007 Freelander entrance door today. The slider mechanism snapped in two, leaving the door perma-closed until I got home. Thank goodness I was inside when it busted or I'da been out in the cold with my dogs in the middle of the sticks.

Trimark door gear - I'm not too impressed with the slider being made of pot metal. I did a fair amount of drilling just to get the spring out that held the door slider closed. Looks like I hacked at it in about the same way the OP did.

Anyhow, one of the links still works (the Dyers RV one). It looks like a different manufacturer of the latch (AP products) rather than Trimark 60-650 (that's what I think I have; there's no part number anywhere). Would it work, and is it a better latch? The door has a 5" x 5" opening.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakker View Post
I have a 2002 FR sunseeker motorhome. The door handle malfunctioned, do that the door wouldn't open. Now that I have destroyed it getting the door open, where can I buy a new one at a fair price... So far all of the prices are around $160.00

Attachment 30735

Attachment 30736

Thanks

(BTW I meant to say doorhandle/LOCK not lick...silly auto-correct)
Where are located? I have two spare locks as I replaced mine on my Hemi and Heartland with combination locks from RVLock. If your close and still need one you can have for free. I'm in shore area, central Jersey (Brick). PM me if interested.
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:18 PM   #6

Look under my Join Date under the avatar, Scotty, and you'll see "Wyoming". Just a ways down the road from you.

I got a replacement on EBay for $95. It's the newer version of the Trimark (60-1650), and there were some tricks to getting it to fit:

1. The bolts on the new unit are larger (seen them called t*ts by locksmiths). That's OK if you plan to replace the striker plate that comes with the new unit. However, like most of you out there the old striker plate was factory installed underneath the door frame flashing, and it ain't coming out easy. I used the old striker plate by removing the old bolts off the broken lock and just screwed them in the new lock. The bolt thread's the same. I used loctite on the old bolt threads to hold the correct bolt depth since the bolt threads don't bottom out.

2. There is a 'wheel' in the upper corner where the deadbolt is located that is outside the 5"x5" hole in the door that the lock goes into. I used a Dremel tool to enlarge the corner slightly to make room for this.

The new lock seems to be an improvement - feels solid.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedog View Post
Look under my Join Date under the avatar, Scotty, and you'll see "Wyoming". Just a ways down the road from you.

I got a replacement on EBay for $95. It's the newer version of the Trimark (60-1650), and there were some tricks to getting it to fit:

1. The bolts on the new unit are larger (seen them called t*ts by locksmiths). That's OK if you plan to replace the striker plate that comes with the new unit. However, like most of you out there the old striker plate was factory installed underneath the door frame flashing, and it ain't coming out easy. I used the old striker plate by removing the old bolts off the broken lock and just screwed them in the new lock. The bolt thread's the same. I used loctite on the old bolt threads to hold the correct bolt depth since the bolt threads don't bottom out.

2. There is a 'wheel' in the upper corner where the deadbolt is located that is outside the 5"x5" hole in the door that the lock goes into. I used a Dremel tool to enlarge the corner slightly to make room for this.

The new lock seems to be an improvement - feels solid.
Great, glad you got it fixed. Yea, my bad on not noticing your location. Safe trips
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door