Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2019, 05:41 PM   #1

Thumbs up Can sliding doors be removed fairly easily??

I have a 2014 Cherokee destination trailer that I just purchased a new love seat for and need to remove the sliding door to get it in. I want to know if it's a fairly easy process and what the general steps are. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance!!
LaneyHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #2

this will jst be generic thoughts. but there will be nothing special abot the sliding doors as compared to sliding doors in a home. mostsliding doors have rollers on the bottom that ride on a track. you need to lift the door up and get the roolers off the track and then tilt it inward to get the top portion of the door ot of the recess it is in. you may have to manipulate an adjustment screw that controls how far the rollers extend from the frame. enrally the only tool that is needed is a screwdriver, though a prybar may help in lifting the door rollers off the track. there are probably many youtube vidoes on how to do this. be careful as these doors can get heavy and ackward to handle. easy? yes the second time. scary? yes the first time

Tags
door