Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #1

Cargo Door Grey Wolf Security

Hi everybody!

Unfortunately-the storage area where I have my Grey Wolf stored is seeing some vandalism. What happened is my rear cargo door was pried open and my toolbox taken. I'm sure most of you know the standard 7/8 compartment key locks have a flimsy piece of metal that swings down to another piece of flimsy tin-ish metal on the bottom of the TT- both can be easily bent if someone wants in to your storage compartment. I am looking for a way to make the storage compartments more secure-without having to put a metal bar across my 2020 trailer on the outside. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
cknsls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:41 AM   #2

The storage compartment doors on RVs are made of foam and fiberglass. Any lock you put on or reinforce can be easily ripped out with a large screwdriver or pry bar.
Best thing is to keep all valuables at home and leave the doors unlocked to save damage to your RV. Also take your battery and LP tanks home.
My friend has stickers on his RV saying smile your on camera, this makes honest thieves think twice. 🤣
Adding a loud alarm would help more that a lock, at least it will scare them away.
I’m sorry to here about your damage and loss.

Tags
cargo, door, grey wolf