Check your awning bolts
TT: 2015 FR Freedom Express with electric awning and fiberglass sidewalls. While camping last weekend on of my friends asked me if I had hit something with my awning out. I had not but he showed me that the bolts which holds the very top of the front awning mounting arm had two of the four bolts almost falling out. I borrowed a ladder from the campground host to inspect this and found that the bolts had apparently been stripped at installation, imagine that. The awning had rolled out when I set up so I left it out for the weekend. After getting home and doing a good inspection I found a plastic strip which covers the wiring to the awning motor within the awning bar. When I removed this strip I found six (6) screws, approximately #8 wood screw sized and three (3) of those were just hanging on by a thread. I removed the awning mounting bar from the camper completely and it certainly appeared that three of the four mounting screws (similar to 1/4" hex head lag screw) had been stripped out and four of the eight smaller screws had been stripped out. I have never moved this TT with the awning out nor has anything hit this awning that I know of. I decided to fill the stripped out holes with clear epoxy to seal them up. In comparing the front bar to the rear bar I noticed that the front bar was approximately 1 1/2" lower than the rear bar. I raised the front bar to match the rear bar, marked the spot to pre-drill for the screws then upon drilling I found that the top two screws would go into the aluminum square tubing of the TT framework. I'm betting this is where they were supposed to go. The bottom two went into the fiberglass siding, not happy with that. instead of re-marking the six smaller screws I decided to add two more screws and spaced the eight of them accordingly. After completing this repair I feel that the awning bar is definitely more secure. I did inspect the rear awning bar and not one of the screws holding it on were even loose.