Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2021, 11:13 PM   #1

Dometic 9200 Awning Replacement Options

After reading through the many posts about Dometic 9200 failures and the unavailability of parts, I am wondering what folks have done for repair/replacement. Has anyone used the Standard 12V Universal Awning Hardware Kit for 5th Wheel RVs, Travel Trailers and Motorhomes available from Amazon? The description says that it works for Dometic and Carefree awnings, but does not list the Dometic 9200. Is there any other repair/replacement kit available that you have used?

Has anyone converted the 9200 to a manual awning. If so was there a kit for the conversion?

Thanks for any and all responses.
Trailer traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:24 AM   #2
JCR

Not enough detail to determine if this will adapt to the 9200. Probably not without major modifications. A company video or DIY video would be helpful. A whole new awning would be about the same price fyi
JCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:54 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer traveler View Post
After reading through the many posts about Dometic 9200 failures and the unavailability of parts, I am wondering what folks have done for repair/replacement. Has anyone used the Standard 12V Universal Awning Hardware Kit for 5th Wheel RVs, Travel Trailers and Motorhomes available from Amazon? The description says that it works for Dometic and Carefree awnings, but does not list the Dometic 9200. Is there any other repair/replacement kit available that you have used?

Has anyone converted the 9200 to a manual awning. If so was there a kit for the conversion?

Thanks for any and all responses.
I believe there was a continued lengthy discussion on the 9200 awning from an older thread a week or so ago and I think a manual conversion kit was listed. Do a search. I will as well and edit this post if I get a chance.

ON EDIT:

Here you go... post #37...
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2626543

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:02 AM   #4

Thanks for the responses!!

In answer to my own question, I contacted Lippert and they said that the Solera replacement kit they sell on Amazon will not work on the 9200. They do not make a kit for the 9200. I contacted the RV awning guy mentioned in the other discussion and he said that he did not have a manual conversion kit that would work for the 9200. He said that at one time he had a combination of two kits that would work on the 9200, but no longer sold the second kit specific for 9200. He thought that replacing the whole awning with a manual one would be the least expensive route to take.

No response from Dometic yet. The phone number listed on their website connects to a system that requires an account number to talk to anyone.
Trailer traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, dometic, replacement