Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #1

Dometic awning parts

I recently damaged my (brand new) awning and am looking for parts, but it’s incredibly difficult to identify the exact parts needed and where to get them. Our local dealers are not helpful.

I believe based on the manual (which gives several different model numbers of course), it is a:

8957003.400U reduced pitch 9100 power channel awning.

The part I am looking for is the right arm assembly, (really, just the front channel is bent but I can’t just find the front channel-though that would be my preference).

Anyone have any info on part numbers and/or where to buy from?
Slotnessn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #2
D W

You probably don't want to hear this, but here's the dirty little secret when it comes to Dometic awnings. Dometic no longer sells to individual customers. They are totally B2B, with the exception of warranty items. Many of the awning sub-assemblies are not readily available, or they have been discontinued. If you can find what you need chances are it won't be readily available, i.e. out of stock, or the price will be exorbitant. A lot of times it is more cost effective just to buy a new awning. If you do a search on ebay you will find a lot of Dometic awning parts, mostly used but serviceable. The sellers have bought new awnings and are parting out the good parts from the old awnings. Some of the used channels alone go for around $200+. You can search around to places like RVPartsCountry.com, Dyersonline.com or Camperid.com and compare the prices for their "hardware assemblies" vs. complete awning kits. Then you can make a decision on how you want to proceed.

Hope this helps!
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
Happy Keystone Owner

Last time I was at my dealer they had a barrel of used awning arms...including my new take offs.
Hopper RV in Jacksonville, IL

Years camping....55
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, dometic, parts