Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2021, 12:44 PM   #1

Dometic Power Awning

Need assistance, please.

I have a Dometic Power Awning on a 2015 FR Flagstaff 832ikbs. While it was in open position, weight of rainwater collapsed the RIGHT side (motor drive side), of my arm assembly brackets. I was able to remove tube from the assembly and take apart the bent arms and straighten them out as best I could. The aluminum bar that slides between the supports to adjust the "pitch" of the awning actually broke. It is the one that the hand knob tightens onto to secure the awning in a certain position. I was able to drill and put screws back into where it broke but it is about two inches shorter, now. The awning will not roll all the way back up under power, probably due to one side being too short. Two questions...does anyone know where to find this arm assembly...either in parts or in entirety? The website tells me "discontinued item." Also, I was told there was a way to manually close this power awning w/o power. I need to do this so I can get it to the "closed" position so that I can secure it with straps and allow me to travel with it to get it repaired. Is there a way to manually close it w/o losing my tension on the awning tube assembly itself? Thanks for the help. Have trip coming up and we are in a bind. Thanks, again
Tirebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:17 PM   #2

Usually on the motor side I believe many have a grommet that if removed gives you access to a 7/16 (I believe) bolt that you can attach a 7/16 socket to a drill and manually wind or unwind your awning.

Have you checked Lippert directly for replacement parts to your awning? They manufacture Dometic.

https://store.lci1.com/shop-by-depar...-hardware.html

I hope that this helps.

Tags
dometic, power, awning