Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2018, 08:48 PM   #1

Door Lock Broken

Of course, the Vengeance just got home getting final warranty work done. Now, the extended warranty is expired and the door lock appears to have just broken tonight.

I went out to check something in the camper and when I left, I locked both the door handle lock and what I would call (loosely) the deadbolt. Then I realized I didn't have my phone in my pocket so I went right back out there to see if the phone was inside the camper and I couldn't get the key half way into the deadbolt lock. After several unsuccessful tries, I went in through the garage door. I tried to turn the red latch for the deadbolt but it won't turn. Something inside the lock is obviously out of whack.

If I can't fix this existing lock, is it that big of a deal replacing a complete door handle assembly? I'd much rather do this myself if possible.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:58 PM   #2

Well, I just watched this young'un show me how easy it is to replace an RV door lock.

Now, its time to see if there are any nicer locks out there and should I just go ahead and replace both door handles of the camper so they have the same keys? Our Vengeance came with 8 flippin' keys. Might as well get rid of at least one.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:07 PM   #3

Try "RVLOCK" Keyless entry! They run sales most of the time! We like both of ours! Easy install,call them for Program or get the 12 year old kid next door! Youroo!!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
Well, I just watched this young'un show me how easy it is to replace an RV door lock.

Now, its time to see if there are any nicer locks out there and should I just go ahead and replace both door handles of the camper so they have the same keys? Our Vengeance came with 8 flippin' keys. Might as well get rid of at least one.
Take a look at RV Lock. Get keys, a key fob and a key pad. You can get multiple locks, keys and fobs keyed the same. It is the same effort to swap them out.
I am planning on this when the DW is not looking at the checking account.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, lock