Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2017, 07:20 PM   #1

Entry Door cables

On-line schematics of parts would be very helpful for ordering parts. Is there a link to something like that for Rockwood popup trailers?

Related: The one piece door on our 2006 Rockwood Model 2309 pop-up is secured to the ceiling with snaps on straps. It is guided into place with cables connected to eyelets. One eyelet is screwed to the frame of the door and the other eyelet is attached with a rivet to a plastic guide inside a channel that is mounted to the ceiling.

One of my cables snapped next to the eyelet. Does anybody know the correct nomenclature for the cable? How about the type of rivet required to attach the new cable ends to the slide?

John
JohnAPomroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #2

ceiling door tracks

Forest River sent me two screen door ceiling tracks for our Rockwood Pop-Up trailer. They are held in place with screws and staples.

The staples look very narrow compared to standard staple gun staples. I would hazard a guess the staples and the staple gun required to apply them are narrow to fit between the opening in the track, so I want to use the OEM staples. Does anybody know the specs on these staples?
JohnAPomroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, door