Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #1

Frameless window leak

I have a frameless window that trickles a bit when it rains real hard. The water will build up around the inside frame. It hasn't built up enough to leak inside the rv yet but I don't want to wait till it does. Has anyone had this problem? Any idea on how to fix this issue? I don't see any light or where it could be leaking. The glass seems to be touching the seal across the top but it dribbles around the center of the window and drips down the inside of the window. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Mike
mpr3369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
llr

Please clarify what you mean by inside frame and what does leaking but not coming inside mean?
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:59 AM   #3

Does the window open or is it non opening and frameless? I have a couple non opening ones on mine
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:09 AM   #4

This window opens up. The inside frame where the handle to open the window is where the water pools up. However it doesn't pool up enough to actually run down the wall inside the camper. The frame is a channel about 1/2" deep. The leak isn't bad enough to build up high enough to leak down the wall. It leaks inside the glass window but not enough to leak down the wall if that makes sense. If not I'll try and get a picture next time it rains.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr3369 View Post
This window opens up. The inside frame where the handle to open the window is where the water pools up. However it doesn't pool up enough to actually run down the wall inside the camper. The frame is a channel about 1/2" deep. The leak isn't bad enough to build up high enough to leak down the wall. It leaks inside the glass window but not enough to leak down the wall if that makes sense. If not I'll try and get a picture next time it rains.
When new, I had one of mine leaking around the frame and coming out at the bottom of the frame and the wall, not so much inside the frame. I could see it going inside the frame if the water collecting on top and there was a opening in the top of the aluminum frame to come through.

Two seals to look at. One is the one you can see that the window rest on (seems like you checked that). The second is the foam type seal sandwiched behind the aluminium frame and the body of the camper (mine had the seal cutting the corner short. I actually just moved it in place and remounted the window and it sealed up). Probably not the best recommendation to reuse the seal once pulling the window out, but mine separated very clean and ended up being very usable. Some just replace it with butyl tape.
Griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #6

Thank I'll check that out. I appreciate it.

Tags
frame, leak, window