Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #1

Frameless windows leaking....

Just purchased a 2013 Pilot Spirit of St. Louis last monday. On our maiden voyage last weekend, we had a pretty heavy overnight storm. Incidentally, in the morning i had woken to find that one of our bedroom windows has leaked.

Didn't think much of it, due to the strength of the storm. Sure enough, it rained most of this week, with the camper parked at home, i went and check, and sure enough, that same window was leaking. This time i opened it up and had a look, and what i found was that in 3 areas of, the glass isn't touching the rubber seal.

I figured, warranty issue. Called my service dept. and now they need to look at it, and said, after they see it, it'll take 3 weeks to get one shipped. They said to use vinyl tape in the mean time. Fine.

So after taping up the ares of concern, i did a walk around, and sure enough the Other bedroom window has a similar issue, just not to the same extent, but still letting water in.

I checked all windows at this time, and it seems it's just these 2 with an issue for the time being.

With it just being, the glass not touching the seal, is there an adjustment that can be made as opposed to having to wait around for new windows to ship, and then in turn have to wait for them to be installed? 3-4 weeks from now is going to start cutting into our vacation time, and i don't feel much like towing around leaky windows taped up for cover.
ThirtydaZe is offline   Reply With Quote