RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #1

Front Window Leak

We have a 2018 Mini Lite 1909S with the large front window. After spending a night in a real downpour woke up to find the side of the bed wet. Determined that the inside frame of the window was full of water. Can I just caulk the top of the window and solve this problem?

TBDub

Click image for larger version

Name:	FRONT WINDOW LEAK.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	243694
TBDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:07 AM   #2

Same Issue

We're experiencing the same thing on our 2021 Freedom Express 192RBS. Took it back to the dealer a second time because "resealing the window" didn't fix it.
I'm not a RV expert under any circumstances but I think it's something other than the window. Like a roof or seam issue that lets water in and then it can't get out. I've noticed that once it reaches sill height it doesn't overflow. So that tells me the water is still coming in during rainy weather but is filling up some other location. My guess is the space under the window in front of the pass thru storage and behind the rock plate. I can see water dripping into the pass thru from the top.
Hoping Campers Inn and Forest River do the right thing and don't do a band aide fix without really figuring out what the issue or issues are.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:52 AM   #3

Picked up a 2021 Surveyor in October. First trip in it, the front window leaked. Obviously there are problems with this design. Its easy to blame it on improper installation and hope replacing the seal fixes the problem. The recommendation from FR to my dealer was to "replace the seal, it must have a bubble somewhere." I genuinely hope this fixes the leak. Hate to think I paid a considerable amount of money for a defective product.
JWill1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, window