Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
MCTroy

I broke the window

Yup. I did it. Tried to.open the small window in the dinette slide and it was stuck. So I turned the knob until it came open and now it won't close. The backet has a turn knob inside thst that moves arms with rollers along a track that is stuck to the window. Now the little roller things won't stay in the track. Bummer. I can't tell if the window track is missing a piece or if the rollers are broke. Anyone else ever do this? I tried to take pics but the upside angle was tough. Our Windjammer has the frameless windows. Except this one is now frame on nice duct tape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190727_093049.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	369.1 KB
ID:	211307   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190727_094638.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	211308   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190727_093057.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	211309  
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:52 PM   #2

Hey MCTroy,

Sure you already compared the problem window to others that are working. I went and looked at mine though. I see nothing in the track. It just has the two lips that retain the rollers. Thought maybe it was just upward spring tension on the roller arms that might just keep the rollers pressed upward and into the track. I tried to carefully pull my roller arms downward to see if they would just take the rollers out of the track. Nope, they are very much retained in the track by the two lips that run the length of the track. Have you run your fingers along that lip to check if it has a piece chipped out, that would allow the rollers to pop out? Are the rollers maybe damaged? Are the roller arms moving like they should when you turn the knob? That part might be damaged, and not expanding & contracting as designed. Sorry I don't have the answer.

Tuckerdog1

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
If you don't punish your children, life will.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:17 PM   #3
MCTroy

Actually Tuckerdog, you did help. I think there is a piece missing from the window. When you said the rollers were tight between the 2 lips that run along the track, you are right. The track for this window only has a lip in the front. I think there was a second lip to the back and it came off. Since I didn't know the window was broken until we were ready to.pack up, I didn't look for anything that would have flipped or fell off.
I did try bending the arms up and that didn't work. I may ask FR customer service for a parts diagram on the window.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window