Old 09-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #21

Looks good to me! Great job.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #22
Grammar Pedant

If affirmation from a bunch of anonymous weirdos makes or breaks your day, then I highly recommend reevaluating your life!

With that said, let me be the first anonymous RV nut-job, fanatic, nerd to congratulate you on a job well done. On a more serious note, thanks for the pics. That will definitely help the next person accomplish the job. Well done.

Slim shade is #1 on my mod list for next year. Just becomes tough to do a great search without having to skip over a bunch of Eminem nonsense.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #23

What side of the bed did you wake up on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
If affirmation from a bunch of anonymous weirdos makes or breaks your day, then I highly recommend reevaluating your life!

With that said, let me be the first anonymous RV nut-job, fanatic, nerd to congratulate you on a job well done. On a more serious note, thanks for the pics. That will definitely help the next person accomplish the job. Well done.

Slim shade is #1 on my mod list for next year. Just becomes tough to do a great search without having to skip over a bunch of Eminem nonsense.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
I would like to add the Slim Shade also.

Those that have a screen door, how do you put the shade part up or down without opening the door and stepping outside?
You don't.
That's the only drawback... But still better than the other options of shades out there.
I can usually open the door and put a foot on the top step, separate the screen door from the main door and put my arm in between and pull down or up in the center. If I am dressed I just go on the steps, close the screen door and put shade up or down.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler811 View Post
No one likes my window
I like your window! Great job!
boatpaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post

Honestly I need no one's affirmation that is just my sense of humor, hence the crying emoji. However I sense you were joking also

I do however like to hear people's ideas and thoughts. If someone has done it differently I would love to hear their way. As the old saying goes "There is more than one way to skin a cat". Or in this case a door

Some people were sounding they wanted/are going to do this. If I can help someone that is all the better. If they can help then that's better yet.

And yes you are correct about the Google search "Slim Shady". Everyone else you have been warned.
tyler811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:31 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
I would like to add the Slim Shade also.

Those that have a screen door, how do you put the shade part up or down without opening the door and stepping outside?
In my searches I ran across a different manufacturer that uses a handle that's accessible through the screen door latch opening. I'm still on the fence as I'd have to deal with full body paint which I would never recommend to anyone.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181016-012833_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	189330
Old 10-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk S View Post
In my searches I ran across a different manufacturer that uses a handle that's accessible through the screen door latch opening. I'm still on the fence as I'd have to deal with full body paint which I would never recommend to anyone.
Nice. Still looks like you need to still buy a frame (at least for my rig).
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, window