Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #1

New 2015 Forest River 24BHS Surveyor - Awning Question

Hi All. New owner here. My wife and I literally just got home with our new 2015 Surveyor 24BHS. And I already have a question.

We got home from the dealership and backed it into the yard and unhooked the truck. So it's in the yard, not plugged in and I start checking things out more thoroughly. Extended the slide-out, then went to extend the awning and nothing...

I'm sure I must be missing something stupid. We extended and retracted it at the dealer just an hour before we got home. Will the awning not extend when operating off battery power? Or is there some safety to prevent extending it when it's not level? Or is there something else stupid that I'm missing?

I looked through the manuals they sent home with us and found nothing whatsoever on the awning.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to being part of this group.
StogieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
Professional Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StogieGuy View Post
Hi All. New owner here. My wife and I literally just got home with our new 2015 Surveyor 24BHS. And I already have a question.

We got home from the dealership and backed it into the yard and unhooked the truck. So it's in the yard, not plugged in and I start checking things out more thoroughly. Extended the slide-out, then went to extend the awning and nothing...

I'm sure I must be missing something stupid. We extended and retracted it at the dealer just an hour before we got home. Will the awning not extend when operating off battery power? Or is there some safety to prevent extending it when it's not level? Or is there something else stupid that I'm missing?

I looked through the manuals they sent home with us and found nothing whatsoever on the awning.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to being part of this group.
It should work with battery power alone. (unless the battery is dead or turned off.)

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, forest river, surveyor