Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #1

new forest river inside door problem.

I have a 2014 forest river Hemisphere, that I have not taken anywhere yet. The Bathroom door does not shut right. Will the waranty cover that. My travel trailer is still at the RV dealership.
Eddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #2

Yes, don't take it home till it's fixed. You will more than likely find more as you use it. Make a list and take it back to get everything done at once if you can.
FR offers a 2nd year warranty for $150. to $250. depending on the unit. Buy it within 10 days of taking possession. (They are not rigid on that requirement, but do it as soon as possible.) Form is available on this forum. I think in the library, but someone can point you to it.

Here's link to form:
warranty_addon [Personnellement.Net].pdf
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #3

I would think it would cover it. It's important to note and I'm sure you realize this but, if it's not pretty close to level the doors won't shut atleast on my trailer.

On my trailer, it has to be close to level for the bathroom and the bedroom doors to shut perfectly. For some reason, the most sensitive door of all is the MICROWAVE door, it the trailer isn't perfect you have to pull on the door of the microwave when you are pressing the button to open it.

I'd let the dealer know of course and they should be able to take care of that for you.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #4
Site Team

It should be covered under warranty. What is wrong the bathroom door?

Is there any chance that the RV is sitting on unleveled ground? I test my bathroom door when setting up at camp. Besides using an lever, I also see how the bathroom door responds to being opened or closed. Slamming close or hard to close usually means that my RV is not level enough. (My bathroom is at the rear of the TT)

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagstaffer06 View Post
I would think it would cover it. It's important to note and I'm sure you realize this but, if it's not pretty close to level the doors won't shut atleast on my trailer.

On my trailer, it has to be close to level for the bathroom and the bedroom doors to shut perfectly. For some reason, the most sensitive door of all is the MICROWAVE door, it the trailer isn't perfect you have to pull on the door of the microwave when you are pressing the button to open it.

I'd let the dealer know of course and they should be able to take care of that for you.
As stated above, my door in my Cruise Lite is the same way. If I am not REALLLLLL close to level, the door sticks/hangs up when trying to close.
If I am level, it works perfectly.
Try closing it when it IS level and see how it does.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #6

Both my entry doors needed adjustment cause they would have to be slammed to latch. I have to re adjust the bathroom door this weekend. Nothing a #1 square bit can't fix!

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, forest river