Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #81
ENE
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 293
Awesome comes in a simply spray bottle. I rinse the awning on bottom, sprayed Awesome on, let it sit for about 10 minutes, I used a battery operated swirling brush ($40), rinse off, awning. On the top of the awning I used a simple soft garage push broom to scrub the Awesome on the top of awning. The whole process took me less than one hour including the 2 15 minute soak time.
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENE View Post
Awesome comes in a simply spray bottle. I rinse the awning on bottom, sprayed Awesome on, let it sit for about 10 minutes, I used a battery operated swirling brush ($40), rinse off, awning. On the top of the awning I used a simple soft garage push broom to scrub the Awesome on the top of awning. The whole process took me less than one hour including the 2 15 minute soak time.
Thanks for the detailed description of how you use Awesome. I'm still wondering about the concern of not getting it on the windows. Do you take special precaution not to let it get on your windows or decals which may be discolored from the product? I ask this because other posters have expressed these concerns and warnings.

Your process seems pretty straightforward but if you have to cover the windows and the sides of your RV it becomes quite a bit more complicated. So, if you don't mind, I would really appreciate your reaction to these concerns.
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
Thanks for the detailed description of how you use Awesome. I'm still wondering about the concern of not getting it on the windows. Do you take special precaution not to let it get on your windows or decals which may be discolored from the product? I ask this because other posters have expressed these concerns and warnings.

Your process seems pretty straightforward but if you have to cover the windows and the sides of your RV it becomes quite a bit more complicated. So, if you don't mind, I would really appreciate your reaction to these concerns.
nothing wrong with awesome will not hurt windows or aluminum . i use it all the time . for me it's a step stool and a sponge . spry on wipe off no need to let is soak . then a treatment of UV protection for that i use the turtle inside outside protectant . lasts longer then 30 days / last time i did is was last spring and it's still nice . twice a yr is all that's needed .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 338
awning cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
nothing wrong with awesome will not hurt windows or aluminum . i use it all the time . for me it's a step stool and a sponge . spry on wipe off no need to let is soak . then a treatment of UV protection for that i use the turtle inside outside protectant . lasts longer then 30 days / last time i did is was last spring and it's still nice . twice a yr is all that's needed .
How about decals on the side of an RV?
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:34 PM   #85
ENE
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 293
I would not use anything on decals other than mild dish soap.
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENE View Post
I would not use anything on decals other than mild dish soap.
Thanks for an honest answer! Appreciate your response.
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:50 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
How about decals on the side of an RV?
i've used it to remove the black streaks caused by seals but have never cleaned decals with it . since i wash and polish my unit at least 3 times a years my decals don't get dirty . i have seen people wipe down there whole aluminum campers with it without issues though . for cleaning the awnings it's great along with many other things
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Port Richey Florida
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
For those of you have used Wet and Forget can you tell me if it discolors the decals on your campers? Also is it OK to get on window glass? Thanks!
Wet and Forget is NOT a cleaner. It is for mold and mildew. You mix it as directed , put it in garden sprayer, spray on and let it dry. DO NOT HOSE OFF. Last 12 months. Not being nasty, but I think your overthinking this whole deal. I can only say that the Awsome used to say on the bottle not to get in glass windows, or painted plastics. I can also say that I personally used it ONLY ONCE, and it left dull streaks on my sides of the rv and I was never able to buff the out. Simple Green is what I have always used on my awning, itís biodegradable, safe , fairly cheap, and works. Iím outta here, good luck.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #89
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 338
awning cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
Wet and Forget is NOT a cleaner. It is for mold and mildew. You mix it as directed , put it in garden sprayer, spray on and let it dry. DO NOT HOSE OFF. Last 12 months. Not being nasty, but I think your overthinking this whole deal. I can only say that the Awsome used to say on the bottle not to get in glass windows, or painted plastics. I can also say that I personally used it ONLY ONCE, and it left dull streaks on my sides of the rv and I was never able to buff the out. Simple Green is what I have always used on my awning, itís biodegradable, safe , fairly cheap, and works. Iím outta here, good luck.
Hi "outta here!" -- I believe you are absolutely correct in that I am overthinking this BUT I don't want to end up with the problem YOU had with the dull streaks!

I like Simple Green and have used it many times. To be on the safe side that's what I'm going to use!

Thanks to all who helped but probably confused me, as is the problem with a forum like this, but having said that I think this forum is THE BEST and I've used it over and over again and will continue to do so.

And NOW I'm OUTTA HERE TOO!
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:30 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 5,961
Safe Side _ Murphy's Oil Soap !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 5,961


Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post


This certainly what this has become!! Love the animations!! As I said I'm 'OUTTA HERE" - SO PLEASE STOP REPLYING TO MY QUESTION! I'M BEGINNING TO REGRET ASKING IT!!
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.