Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #1

Replaced our CH-751 locks

I just replaced the CH-751 compartment door locks on our Sunseeker and it was very easy. A tip: measure the cam length of every door, as one of ours was significantly different. Cost was $4.25 apiece for key, lock cam, nut, and the screw to hold the cam arm in place at RVLocksAndMore, and you choose the key code. What we like about the new locks: the keys are double-sided so we can insert them either way, we got (optional) new keys that have LEDs to light the lock, and the keys can be removed from the lock when unlocked. We are considering replacing the main entry door to match the new locks too, which can be done for $20 (not keyless).

RVLocksAndMore customer service is excellent. One call got a Return Authorization for the lock that didn't fit, discounted shipping on the replacement, and parts to help with an off-size cam arm. We are very pleased with that source and this simple mod.
Starry2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #2

I am going to do this same project in the next week or two, though I will probably go with CombiCams. Quick question since you just did this, Is the noted length the actual length of the tumbler, or the length of the entire mechanism including the cam? Is measured from the face of the lock, or is it the thickness of the door?
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #3

I believe the measurement is the length of the threaded portion of the lock cam, from under the flange to the end of the threaded portion. I forget which lock seller had this, but one of them had a downloadable .PDF showing how to measure (sorry, am at work and can't track it down). After buying one lock that didn't fit, I would measure every door!
Starry2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #4

Thanks! I have three doors I want to put locks on. Two of them are the same thickness. However the door on the outside kitchen is about double the thickness of the other two!
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #5

I replaced all my exterior compartment locks (751 key) to the barrel lock style. All four of my locks are keyed the same. The company is Industrial Lock & Hardware. They provide a "measurement sheet" on their site. You just lay your lock parts on top of their pictures to get the correct lock measurement. You measure the lock assembly for length, cam arm for length and bends. No muss or fuss. I am real happy with their product. Their site is www.ch751.com

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock