Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
Camper Newbie

Screen door handle

My screen door handle broke and finding a replacement that includes an inside handle to push so I don't have to slide the little screen to open the door from the inside is proving difficult. Suggestions? Anyone replaced theirs?
R&R in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #2

you will have to buy a replacement screen door latch and also the accessory screen door opener. i haven't ever seen those sets sold together.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #3

Ours broke on our old TT. I just replaced the door side and then took the catch off the jamb. We were able to open and close the screen door easily and stayed shut. Also with that set up never had to worry about the latch breaking again.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:59 AM   #4
Camper Newbie

Hmmm, the inside handle did not break but the where it attaches inside the latch is broken so it will not connect. See plenty of the outside handle with the latch but........does the inside latch connect to the replacement?

Am thinking of the 2nd reply and not use the latch at all. When it broke during our last trip we just pulled the screen door shut and it pretty much stayed in place but not a good seal. No bugs this time but maybe design my own cabinet part or magnet......hmmmm, got me thinking.
R&R in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door