Old 05-12-2020, 07:33 PM   #1

shattered passenger side window

A couple of mornings ago we found the passenger side window on our 2018
Sunseeker shattered. It was punched out from the inside with most of the glass still in place, but shattered. There was no glass on the inside, only on the ground outside. All the doors were still locked and the roof vents were open. Very moderate weather, so heat wasn't an issue. We are guessing there must have been a defect in the glass. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, was there any difficulty getting it replaced? We are just hoping it doesn't happen to the driver's side, or when we are traveling, if we ever get to do that again!

cgarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:17 PM   #2
mneill007

CGARB, Yes I have had the same occur on my 2020 Sierra.On my 2nd week of owning it and one trip I came home from work one morning and discovered it blown out. Had no success with getting it replaced on warranty so had to pay it out of my pocket not to mention the 5 weeks and several trips to dealer to get repaired. Yes a pain. Could not convince them what had happened. That was 7 months ago and on our trip this weekend was in lots of rain and discovered it leaking and on closer observation it just does not appear to be installed the same as my other windows, fit wise. Be prepared these windows have to be ordered and manufactured. Will post a pic once I figure that out

mneill007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:04 AM   #3

Re shattered window

I'm sorry to hear about your experience getting the window replaced! Our insurance covered most of our replacement and someone came to the house to do it a few days after it happened. He had the right window in stock. Hearing your story, I hope it was indeed the right one! It seems to work so far. Since we won't be going on a trip for some time, it won't get a good test, but it is warranted. Keeping fingers crossed. Good luck with yours!
cgarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window