Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #1

Silverback Shade Removal

Cannot locate a thread on HOW to remove and replace the shades on my unit. I have 2 broken shades and am getting replacements sent to me.

1.Do you have to remove the valance to get to snapping the shade from the holder without damage?

2. If yes, once off, does the upper shade base just snap out of the holder OR are there end cap holds I need to be cautionary not to damage?

3. As I understand from reading, re-threading around the tension spools is the key to proper adjustment of shade operation ?

Looks do able.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
clr

On my old 5th wheel SOB I had to remove the valance to determine how to remove the shade. In many RVs the shade is actually screwed to the wall as well as resting on a mount. So you may have to unscrew them from the wall also. BTW there are some good posts on the web about repair and adjusting blinds.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #3

Lots of posts

Agree and I read at least 30. However, I am replacing, not repairing. It appears I will need to remove valances. I am ok now that I see this needs to happen. The last thing I want to do is break something in the replacement process.

I assume once I get this behind me, I will have learned a lot in the process.

Thanx for your input.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote