Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2021, 04:54 PM   #1

Slam Latch

I have a 2021 Arctic Wolf 287BH. The Slam Latches are plastic and will not latch. So if they are locked someone can come by and lift up on them and it will open. I have adjusted everything you can and they still don't latch. I'm going to replace them. Does anyone know what type of Slam Latch to replace with?
Dkimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:00 PM   #2

look at lippert
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:35 PM   #3

I have had some trouble with the slam latch on two doors on my sandpiper. I think the “slam” part of their name is misleading. The handle and striker mounted in the door seem fairly strong but the latch portion that is attached to the doorframe on the rv wall is not so strong. Slamming the door closed will bend the latch mecahanism on the wall side - I was able to carefully bend it straight and the latches worked well after. If you look at the opening trim on the wall side where the latch connects you will probably see a bend in it from the latch impacting. Straighten thr trim gently and hold the handle open at least partially when you close the doors. Hope it is that simple for you. Happy Camping.
FlatlanderSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkimsey View Post
I have a 2021 Arctic Wolf 287BH. The Slam Latches are plastic and will not latch. So if they are locked someone can come by and lift up on them and it will open. I have adjusted everything you can and they still don't latch. I'm going to replace them. Does anyone know what type of Slam Latch to replace with?
One of mine is locked up (Graphite powder does not help), If you replace yours have you thought of selling them?
Jbruce87 is offline   Reply With Quote