Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #1

Weed Eater Got Me!

Hello. We were recently camping in a nearby RV resort. The resort contracts with a landscaper to maintain the grounds. One of the guys was weed eating behind our unit (Cardinal 3875FB) and broke one of the panes in our back window. The window has four separate panes...one across the top half and three smaller panes on the lower half. Two of the panes transom out and the middle pane is stationary. The rock broke the middle, stationary pane...it shattered since it's safety glass. My question is... Does the entire framed back window have to be replaced...or can a company just repair/replace the one broken pane? Any suggestions as to options would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know enough to determine if the dealership is steering me right. They say the whole framed window has to be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2611.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	264752  
LandCruisers68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:23 AM   #2

I would think that the fixed smaller pane could be easily replaced by an auto glass repair shop they cut and replace glass all the time. With that said the dealership makes no money on a fix like that? What did your insurance company say?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:49 AM   #3

Weed Eater

Thanks, SeaDog, for responding. I am still working with the landscaper's insurance company...no word yet! I will check some auto glass repair shops here in the Nashville area.
LandCruisers68 is offline   Reply With Quote