Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #1

What glue to use for interior plastic door jambs?

During the course of installing vinyl plank flooring in our trailer, I had to peel away part of the two vertical sections of plastic door jamb into the bathroom. I simply used a blow dryer to soften the glue that was used to attach the plastic to the wood studs.

Now, I want to re-attach the jambs and am not sure what type of glue to use. I *could* use contruction adhesive (PL400, eg.) but I'd never get the jambs off again without destroying them.

Is there a correct type of glue, cement or adhesive to use for this application? What is in there now looks like a sort of light creamy color that maybe contact cement? I'm also wondering if I can leave existing glue residue in there, or would I need to clean it down to bare wood and plastic?

If anyone knows, I'd greatly appreciate it.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Site Team

You could use double stick tape or silicone caulking. Either should hold well and allow removal if the need ever arises.

You should get the biggest part of the old glue off but I wouldn't worry about it too much.