Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #1

window latches breaking 2017 Columbus Compass

I have a 2017 Columbus Compass fifth wheel. The plastic latches in my slide up windows have started breaking. The directions I got from FR to replace them don't seem to work as I can't actually get the sliding window part out to put in the new latch. Any suggestions or help?
Randolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:25 PM   #2

Me too

I've been trying to figure this problem out too. Were you able to figure it out? The plastic bolts that hold the window up or locked into place are snapping off. I'd like to replace them, but think the only option is to either remove the glass or try to take the aluminum top off of the glass, that seems to be glued.
Kylebakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:31 PM   #3
Another adventure awaits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolyn View Post
I have a 2017 Columbus Compass fifth wheel. The plastic latches in my slide up windows have started breaking. The directions I got from FR to replace them don't seem to work as I can't actually get the sliding window part out to put in the new latch. Any suggestions or help?
Hello ... did you ever figure how to replace catches? We have a 2018 Columbus Compass and our guests broke our catches last night, not understanding how they work ... TYIA
Old 07-03-2022, 01:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebakin View Post
I've been trying to figure this problem out too. Were you able to figure it out? The plastic bolts that hold the window up or locked into place are snapping off. I'd like to replace them, but think the only option is to either remove the glass or try to take the aluminum top off of the glass, that seems to be glued.
Hello ... did you ever figure how to replace catches? We have a 2018 Columbus Compass and our guests broke our catches last night, not understanding how they work ... TYIA
Old 07-04-2022, 12:31 PM   #5

No solution yet

I’ve yet to find the replaceable parts or a workaround. Currently I’m using a stick to hold one window up with broken latches and I’m being very careful with the rest.
Kylebakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:48 PM   #6

Thank you. Talked to my old dealership (should have stayed with them) and service guy knew exactly what I was talking about. Says he can get me parts ... only issue is, have to take out the whole window, how stupid is that, to get broken parts out and new ones in.
If successful will let you know ... probably will take a while ... thank you for responding ... happy 4th of July from Ontario Canada
Old 07-20-2022, 12:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebakin View Post
I’ve yet to find the replaceable parts or a workaround. Currently I’m using a stick to hold one window up with broken latches and I’m being very careful with the rest.
Hello... have found the part and have ordered ... this an excerpt from email I received from Lippert ...

That red slider latch will be 353975 *RM08407-1; 8400-VS SLIDE LATCH RED* which has cost of $4.95. You can order this here: https://store.lci1.com/quickorder/ or by calling us at 432-Lipppert.

Cheers
Holly
Old 07-20-2022, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolyn View Post
Hello... have found the part and have ordered ... this an excerpt from email I received from Lippert ...

That red slider latch will be 353975 *RM08407-1; 8400-VS SLIDE LATCH RED* which has cost of $4.95. You can order this here: https://store.lci1.com/quickorder/ or by calling us at 432-Lipppert.

As advised by Lippert rep, sadly, have to totally uninstall window to get broken parts out and new ones in. Such a ineffective system.

Best of luck.

Cheers
Holly

Tags
columbus, window