Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2022, 04:15 PM   #1

Window leak?

We had pretty heavy rains the past week or so, and when I went to check on my TT I saw that the mattress had water stains, lifting it up shower the wooden board beneath with mold. The bottom of the mattress is still a little wet to the touch. I checked everywhere else and seemed fine, so looks like the culprit is a window. The thing is that it's locked shut so I can only assume it's leaking from the seams of the window. Should I just repair this myself by putting sealants around the edges or tow it 80 miles to the dealer and have it looked at? It's still under warranty.
ciditad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:20 PM   #2

If it's still under warranty, I'd at least call the dealer.
The problem is you don't really know where the leak is coming from. It could be from the roof or marker lights.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:48 AM   #3

We are battling an annoying window leak on a 21 Wildwood Hyperlyte. The dealer talked me into a pressure test because of the leak! They found some other small leaks and fixed them under warranty. Told us they could not make the window leak. Go to get it out of storage and the new roller shade is stained from water again! It's the big side window in the slide out. I was down there this morning because it was raining pretty hard and found a drip coming out of a screw in the bottom of the window right where the stain is. the dealer acted like it's such a pain to chase down leaks but it's still under warranty for 4 more months and I want it fixed before we have a mold issue. The way this dealership has treated us the wife wants to sell it as soon as the window is fixed? I think it's a weep hole issue myself. I guess it's going to be strike three if they can fix it, don't know my options if they say oh well.
Sharpstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #4
Defender of America

Went thru the same issue when I first got my TT. They did the pressure test and found the leak. However, it took 2 tries and many months to get it resolved. To their credit, Manufacturer and dealer stood behind their product.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpstick View Post
I was down there this morning because it was raining pretty hard and found a drip coming out of a screw in the bottom of the window right where the stain is. the dealer acted like it's such a pain to chase down leaks but it's still under warranty for 4 more months and I want it fixed before we have a mold issue. The way this dealership has treated us the wife wants to sell it as soon as the window is fixed? I think it's a weep hole issue myself. I guess it's going to be strike three if they can fix it, don't know my options if they say oh well.
Do you have a slide topper on that slideout? It is a pain to track down leaks and that is probably part of their attitude. They want you to 'go away'. Don't let them bully you, be polite but firm. Take pictures to show them the problem. If you still have trouble contact FR for alternative service.
It's probably coming from the top of the window or the roof. The problem with it coming from the roof is that water travels so it could be coming from any joint on the roof ie. vents, ac, antenna, etc. I'd suggest that you do a visual inspection yourself to see if you can spot something cracked or loose.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:27 AM   #6
dotsonjc

Weep holes

My in-laws had a pesky window leak, which they took to the dealer several times under warranty to have worked. The window had been recaulked both time; however, still leaked. I took a look at the window, and noticed the plugs for the weep holes had never been removed (window had weep holes top & bottom, I guess so it could be mounted either way). Removed the bottom weep plugs and never had another leak.

Check your weep holes.

Past:
2012 Coachman Freedom Express 22DSX
dotsonjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:52 AM   #7

Weep hole issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsonjc View Post
My in-laws had a pesky window leak, which they took to the dealer several times under warranty to have worked. The window had been recaulked both time; however, still leaked. I took a look at the window, and noticed the plugs for the weep holes had never been removed (window had weep holes top & bottom, I guess so it could be mounted either way). Removed the bottom weep plugs and never had another leak.

Check your weep holes.
I have had a similar issue with weep holes. During heavy rain, especially wind driven , rain comes down the window and backs up in the channels eventually spilling over the channels, down the walls, and even into electric outlets causing ground fault.

Depending on rain intensity and wind direction this has happened on all 11 windows on my destination trailer.

I reported the issue to the dealer less than a month after delivery. The factory sent the dealer service to fix by drilling new weep holes. It looks like they only drilled on hole in each window. We still have the problem and now the window company says it’s debris blocking the weep holes and refusing to do anything. The unit has a full cover on it most of the year and we have had to vacuum the water out of the channels every rainfall. Help?
bretmin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, window