Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #1

Window seal coming out

Does anyone know the correct fix for this. This is a Kinro window on the end of the slide on my 2013 Salem. As you can see the dealer attempted to repair it using silicone caulk, but it came back out the third time I opened the slide. The one on the opposite end has never came out, but this one has come out 4 times now. I just want to make sure they are repairing it correctly this time, no more bandage repair!

Thanks,
Dom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kinro.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	57661  
Domf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #2

Hey Dom,

This just happened to me as well this weekend. I have a new Salem and it happening in the same spot as yours. I popped it back in by hand and it hasn't come out again but have been checking. If it gets annoying I will take it in to dealer but for now I am just going to add it to a list of a couple of minor things for the end of the season.
Smitty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:19 AM   #3

mine does it too hoping someone has an answer for this one.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Clean the edges of the window and use 3M Emblem adhesive to glue the seal on.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #5

I will be taking it in at the end of the month and I hope they replace the seal this time. I can work it back in, and it looks good, but after a couple of times opening the slide it pops back out.

OC, is this what you are talking about? I need a back up plan for when the warranty is out. I don't have faith in it staying in, that's why I am taking it in before the end of the season so I can see if its staying put.
Thanks,
Dom
Old 07-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domf View Post
...OC, is this what you are talking about?...
Yes, if you are going to use it, make sure you get it on the edge of the glass so it has some gripping to the rough edge and the laminate.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #7

Follow up: After 8 weeks my lovely dealer finally replaced the seals that were falling out. I can't believe it takes that long to get a length of rubber seal that took a whole 35 minutes to put in two windows, as I watched him do it. If they stay in I will be a happy camper.

Dom
Old 09-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #8

This weekend I discovered the same problem with one of the windows on the slide of our 2014 dbud and was able to pop the seal back in place and hope it holds. It looks like the seal may have shrunk a bit or is too small for the window opening and pops out when it drags across the weather seal gasket when opening the slide
cvsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #9

Well, if you are still under warranty I would not hesitate, have it replaced. If you have the same window on the other end of your slide, have that replaced also, as it may only be a matter of time. The first time mine came out I thought I could just push it back in, but after about 3 times opening the slide it came back out. The window on the other end of my slide had just a small gap in one corner, and I told the dealer it was also coming loose (even though it never got worse), so they replaced that one too. They also told me that there were some defective seals in some of the windows, but the technician that was replacing mine said the new seal looked just like the old one, but once they come out they stretch and will not stay seated properly.
Good luck,
Dom