Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Window Sealant

I have a 2007 Georgetown 370 and have been dealing with the sealant around the front windshield coming loose and leaving a gap. I've tried exterior black silicone and even the dealership has recaulked it but after about a month it starts coming off. It doesn't appear to stick very well to the black rubber seal or the painted body. Is there a product that anyone can recommend that will last longer than a month?

Are there any other Georgetown owners experiencing the same problem?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Site Team

A lot of people recommend polyurethane caulk. I think your best bet is to remove the window and remove the caulking that's there and replace it with butyl tape caulking.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Thanks but it's the front windshield that has the issue. I don't think I want to mess with something that big. Thankfully it hasn't allowed any water in but I'd feel better if I didn't see the opening between the rubber seal and the body where the caulking has opened. I'll try the butyl tape caulk in one area and see how well it looks. Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas and have a safe, healthy and Happy New Year! Charlie

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Roy

I had the same type of problem on my 2004 Georgetown. The upper corners of the rubber moulding on the windshield pulled away from the body. Since at that time it was still under warranty, arrangements were made for a service person from Duncan Glass Systems ( they do glass work for Forest River in Elkhart) to our location in Fort Myers, Florida. He repositioned the windshield, sealed and shimmed the bottom of the glass so it wouldn't move.....this caused the separation of the moulding from the body. Apparently many openings for the glass are too large, thus too much movement. You might contact Duncan Glass. Sorry can not find a phone number but they are in Elkhart Indiana as well as other locations in the U.S.

Roy
Leamington, Ontario, Canada (now in Weslaco Texas)
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
Roy

Duncan Systems
800-551-9149

Roy
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Ok, thanks for the information. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Charlie

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR