Old 05-07-2018, 12:17 AM   #1

Windshield sun shade or privacy shade

I'm looking for a sun shade or privacy shade that installs on the inside of the windshield and front cab windows of a Chevy 4500 truck (Coachmen Leprechaun). I really don't care for the outside covers, but maybe I am missing the advantages of them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
125992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:41 AM   #2

Windshield sun shade or privacy shade

Personally I like our outside cover on our E450.

Couple minute install and keeps the glass clean while parked.

It is personal preference and I looked at both but decided on the outside one since it covers all windows at same time.
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport Toad
2015 Harley CVO (retirement bike )
2015 Challenger ( Wife's Toy)
Gumpster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:16 AM   #3

The Heat Shield was recommended to me, and has worked well !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125992 View Post
I'm looking for a sun shade or privacy shade that installs on the inside of the windshield and front cab windows of a Chevy 4500 truck (Coachmen Leprechaun). I really don't care for the outside covers, but maybe I am missing the advantages of them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Take a look at https://magneshade.com/. Installs outside, quick to put on and take down.

Versions for class A, B, and C
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #5

Windshield Shade

We love our MagneShade...so easy to put on and you can even get screen print on them.Goes on the outside with a magnet system and you don't need a ladder to put it on it has a special tool that comes with it.
lynns24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125992 View Post

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I use an outside the window shield. Main reason it keeps the sun from heating up the inside in the summer and helps to keep heat in during late fall and early spring camping. Mine covers the windshield and side windows. I worked with a guy that used the silver sun shields on the inside of all the windows of his pickup at work. Still got really hot inside because the suns rays were magnified by the glass. Thats how I see it.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:52 PM   #7
Empty Nesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Personally I like our outside cover on our E450.

Couple minute install and keeps the glass clean while parked.

It is personal preference and I looked at both but decided on the outside one since it covers all windows at same time.
X2. It also covers up any GPS, TPMS, dash cam or rear view cam that you might be using.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #8

I've used both and opt for the inside "Heatshield" covers. Comes in 3 pieces so I normally only use the front windshield piece (unless the sun is really baking in a side window) at night for privacy or the sun is coming directly in the front windshield (not too often with a C class). I like the natural light coming in the rig during the day as opposed to the cave feeling that some people seem to like. No worries about an exterior cover getting wet, blowing in the wind, messing with the wipers, etc. Just really a matter of preference. Both work, just different advantages/disadvantages.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #9

We have a Leprachaun on the Chevy 4500 chasis. We just use an appropriately sized windshield sun reflector (the kind you twist and they wind up as about a 12 inch disk to slide into a cover). Goes inside the windshield and held in place by the sun visors. Takes about 30 seconds to put in place and provides full privacy through the windshield. Wife found a smaller one that she cut in half and the halves fit fine in the driver and passenger door windows. Cost minimal. Setup time about zero!

Maybe not the most decorative system, but quick, cheap and it works.
Adrian Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I've used both and opt for the inside "Heatshield" covers. Comes in 3 pieces so I normally only use the front windshield piece (unless the sun is really baking in a side window) at night for privacy or the sun is coming directly in the front windshield (not too often with a C class). I like the natural light coming in the rig during the day as opposed to the cave feeling that some people seem to like. No worries about an exterior cover getting wet, blowing in the wind, messing with the wipers, etc. Just really a matter of preference. Both work, just different advantages/disadvantages.
X2- I have both also but am really careful when using the exterior Adco cover; I won't use it when it is windy. The magnets on the lower corners have scratched my doors. My drivers door had to be repainted because strong winds scratched and chipped my paint really bad.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:36 AM   #11

X3 for the Heatshield. Had an outside type...pain in rear to put on and remove in bad weather. When wet it became a mess to remove, roll up and store.
Have had Heatshield now for 3 years. During hot daylight hours keeps cab at least 15 degrees cooler than without. Easy no mess install from inside rig.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:46 AM   #12
Citrus County, Fl.

Another vote for the Heatshield. They are a perfect fit and do an amazing job at keeping the cab from being a terrarium. I also have the outside one from Camco but seldom use it anymore since buying the Heatshield.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote