Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 06:57 AM   #1

'13 3100SS slide assistance

Trying to get my hands around this slide thing with the '13 FR 3100 SS SunSeeker that we just traded for. Another member gave me the link to the Lippert manual which I have printed. It makes it seems fairly easy to manually operate. However, in my unit there is about three inches of space between the floor and the dinette floor. Looking in there one can see the end of the drive mechanism where I assume one attaches a rod with a ratchet to crank this slide out/in. The issue is that there is about 30 inches of distance between the bathroom wall and the drive point of the rack. There is also only around 8 inches of space between the bathroom wall and the dinette back to work in. Conversely, there is more room up by the drivers seat but about the same distance to the drive point if one can operate from there.
So....all of this begs the question as to how the slide guys and FR intended for the rv owner to accomplish this task. One would have to have a very long extension and be somewhat double jointed (and perhaps younger than I) to facilitate this operation. Of interest is that the manual speaks of a 3/4 socket to be used on the drive end (which it appears to be the dinette side) while the other end near the driver appears to have a pinned shaft requiring a special socket.
Hoping that someone has a 3100 and has been thru this that can indicate how this is done and what is required to manually move this slide.

wogden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3100ss, slide