Old 03-31-2020, 09:17 AM   #1

2006 Cedar Creek Silverback manual operation

Hey Everyone,

Just joined the group hoping to find some answers. Apologies for being newbie. Recently went out to my camper to retract the slides and nothing happened. Was wondering if the 12v battery is critical in this operation or if it works from being plugged in alone? The battery is old and will be replaced, but wasn't sure if that is my problem. Also, it would be great to know where the manual override is on the slides. Previous to this I have never had an issue with the slides. Thanks

Jsnspck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:26 AM   #2

Your slides should operate w/o a battery, if your unit is plugged in and the converter is operating to provide the 12v power.
That said, frequently converters alone (or batteries alone) do not supply enough power to operate high draw items like slides and levelers, which can cause fuses to blow.
It is always recommended to have fully charged batteries and another power source (generator, shore power, tow vehicle) to assist in the power demand of slides.
So definitely check and charge your battery(s). Also check your converter output, breakers and fuses,

Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:50 AM   #3

Thanks for the response and that's what I had planned for today. Any idea of how to manually override on this model?
Jsnspck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsnspck View Post
Thanks for the response and that's what I had planned for today. Any idea of how to manually override on this model?
Can't help you with that one w/o more info. Hopefully some CC folks will reply. Let them know what kind of slides they are for better answers. Hydraulic, electric, Schwintek.. etc.
If you don't know, pics always help.
Good luck!
Old 03-31-2020, 11:27 AM   #5

Oh, also check for these mini 12v resettable breakers between your battery and the slide motor. Push the little black button to reset.
https://www.wholesalemarine.com/sea-...ers-79231.html
Old 04-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #6

Slides and batteries?

It is imperative that RV's with huge 12 volt amps (AC also) draws have large battery banks!
Manufacturers give you a 12 volt battery just to get you off the lot! I have an Electrical engineer friend that designed my 760amp 6volt Trojan 4 battery bank for this reason. During Auto-leveling or slide operation, even with this system, I always start my generator to boost amperage. It's not that expensive to update your $50-100K investment to protect your DC motors (Inverters,Etc.) from overheating and keep batteries from drawing below the 50% rate (Lithium has it's own draw rate). With Lithium batteries or Lead Acid either one is fine as long as it is sized with proper output in mind.

stepdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, manual