Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2015, 09:38 PM   #1

2006 Rockwood Roo 23rs Slide Problem

Last weekend, my wife was sliding in the queen bed on our 23rs after a week of camping. About 3/4 of the way in, a large clunk occurred and it would not go in or out any further. When trying to manually push the bed in, it seemed to jam up at the same spot. Upon further investigation after we got home, I realized that the motor became detached from the back wall. I was able to crawl under the bed and couch and unwrap the wires that entwined the motor arms. I was able to hold the motor in place and run wires from another battery source to slide the bed back out.

I have two questions. First, what's the best way to remount the motor to ensure a solid mount? I also have a crack in the fiberglass on the lower right exterior wall corner where the bed slides in. I think there might be some binding issues with the slide. Second, it would appear that I lost power to the slide switch. All fuses are fine, the converter works, and all other 12v appliances and lights work. Any suggestions for troubleshooting the power issues?
tsmith3480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #2

For anyone that may be following this or come across this post... I was able to fix the power to the switch by locating a 30-amp blade fuse below the trailer tongue. It was in-line and right before the junction box located there as well. Once I replaced this blown fuse, power to the switch was restored. My assumption that all fuses and breakers were in the panel was wrong :/

As for the motor and mount, I will be posting before and after pictures for reference. My brother works in an auto body shop, so I will be having him try to fabricate a sturdier, steel mount that will hopefully hold up a bit better.
tsmith3480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #3

Same problem with ours. I glued and screwed a piece of wood (6"x 3" x 0.5") where the motor was mounted then reattached the motor to this wood piece using longer screws. If you send me your email I can show you what I did. Bigger issue is the cracking of the exterior fiberglass wall. We have it in 3 of the 4 corners and water has petruded. It seems there is an issue with the slide putting pressure on the wall when it extends
Campingmanbc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23rs, rockwood, rockwood roo, roo, slide