Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2017, 07:42 PM   #1

2010 Georgetown 350TS Slide Pump

My slide pump motor is leaking out of the end cap. I have no idea what type of system I have or a repair manual. Anybody have any idea ideas?
garytenorsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:01 AM   #2

Leaking

Most likely a Lippert slide/leveling system. The fluid leaking out is transmission fluid. You can probably get a manual from the Lippert website.
First question is the fluid spraying or leaking. The difference being a ruptured hose or valve/manifold (spray) or loose connection (leak).
FTCMCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:59 AM   #3

It's a leak where the coupling is and went into the motor. The old coupling has no O-rings. Bought new coupling and motor. Seems like everything is working well. No leaks. Thank you for your input. It was very helpful.
garytenorsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #4

Hydraulics and emergency/manual operation

My last tip since you are staring at the hydraulic motor is to label all the slide/level jack valves and make sure you can actually get a drill and 1/4 inch hex key into the motor for emergency/manual extend or retract. The way FR mounted the box over the hydraulics in the baggage compartment I had to drill a hole and sacrifice a long allen wrench (hex bit) it was worth the effort in the long run
FTCMCB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, georgetown 350ts, pump, slide