Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2020, 01:01 PM   #1

2011 Forest River Wildwood 26tbss slide out issue

I have a 2011 wildwood 26tbss and my slideout is giving me a little trouble. When fully retracted and you place an out on the switch it doesnít try to move. You have to manually run it out a certain distance and then once you hit the button it will take off. It hasnít had any hesitation when running it back in. I donít believe it would be a fuse issue but Iím not sure where the fuse under the camper is located. Has anyone else had this issue? I thought maybe the slide motor was getting weak and might be the reason it wonít run the room out when it is all the way in. If anybody has any input on this that would be great. Thank you.
Blatta1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:47 AM   #2

I donít know if it could be a weak fuse because I havenít had to reset anything. Once the room gets ran out manually a ways it takes off. I thought possibly a weak slideout motor but again donít know if there is any way to test that or not.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:54 AM   #3
Site Team

Does the motor seem to be weak when it is running?

Your issue could possibly be a loose or corroded connection in either the hot feed or the ground. It could also be the switch not making good connection on the "out" contacts.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:51 PM   #4

Iím not saying it isnít weak. The last time I ran it I did think maybe it was a little weaker. The switch connections were all connected good. This fuse I havenít found unless it is just mounted in place on the front camper frame.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:28 PM   #5

Ok. I tried working on it again. Motor wouldnít run. Tapped on housing and it took off. Motor got extremely warm and smoked a little. It is magnetized on the outside of the housing now that Iíve taken it off. Appears I have a bad motor?
Old 08-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #6
Site Team

Sure sounds like a bad motor.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #7

I donít exactly know who these work but I took it off the actuator and pushed the in and out buttons and the motor didnít turn. It got warm quick. I also pulled the leads off and tested voltage to both sides when the buttons are pressed. I would assume the motor should turn freely but it feels locked up.

Tags
2011, 26tbss, forest river, slide, slide out, wildwood