Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #1

2011 Sandpiper 5th Wheel 345RET Slide Out Problem

Bought brand new 5th wheel Sandpiper last June. Out the gate we had problems. Evidently from the manufacturer shower water lines were cut behind shower walls. Set up at campsite unknowing that this was a problem. Get call from site management that my RV is flooding. RV Outlet out of Ringgold VA. sent repairman to campsite to fix. Next day flooded again. Returned to RV Outlet myself. Repaired after about a week and we are good to go for 6 months. In January after camping in Augusta noticed slideout would not fully close or fully open. Returned to RV Outlet and they had it for about 3 months. Said it was busted gear pack. So get it back home set it up and.... The rest is history. Back at repair shop again. Anybody out there having any problems with their Sandpiper? And do I have any recourse? Yes it is under warranty. But now only 3 months left and been in shop now 3 out of the 9 months we've owned it and don't know when we are going to get it back. Somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!
1992suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #2

I haven't had but a few minor problems I fixed my self. Will be a year in July I have my unit. I would def purchase the extra year warranty from FR. I did.

Tags
5th wheel