Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #1

2012 forester 3171 ds - slide out cracking normal ?

I just have a general question for anyone else with slide outs to see if what I am witnessing is normal and cause for concern or not. I have a Forrester with two slide outs the rear one being a schwintek and the front one a different kind with the motor underneath - I have noticed that at some of the corners on the outside of the motorhome there is a diagonal crack extending from the slide out opening in the motor home on both sides but not in every corner. There is also a crack on the inside of the motor home on the front slide once again on the opening for the slide out. Both slides work perfectly fine. I will take some pictures in the morning because it is kind of hard to explain unless you have seen it yourself. My rear slide out occasionally will push the screw out on the outside slightly I called Forest River about it and they told me that they are installing little brace plates on the inside of the motor home on the new ones because of this. I also noticed that the rear slide (when it's in) is not flush with the opening that was cut for it in the motor home - almost like it's not square or the cutout is not square - Has anyone else seen this ?
skylilymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:07 AM   #2

2012 Wildcat 5th wheel

I have a bed room slide that has a 6 in. Crack and had it fixed. Now the slide will not go in and is off at each corner. Had a tech come out to RV park and tried to reset timing, will have to pull the slider out completely.
brianrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:43 AM   #3

Where was the crack was it on the motorhome or the slide out ? And also how was it fixed ? Do you mean your slide out is stuck out now while you are at the park ?
skylilymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:42 AM   #4

The crack is located on the frame sidee. It must have cracked when the slide go in & out at different distances causing pressure on the railings. Will not move in now.
brianrahm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, forester, slide, slide out