Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2016, 10:33 AM   #1

2014 Cottage CLR large slide jaming

We are looking to buy a 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage - while looking at the unit the large slide out jammed coming in. The unit was not level so we leveled it and the slide worked. However the tech guy had to jimmy the slide with a wrecking bar. I was wondering if the Cottage has a history of problems or is this is just because the unit was not level. It was not much of an adjustment.
Billy Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:58 AM   #2

Do yourself a favor, run as fast as you can away from this dealer and trailer. You don't fix a slide with a wrecking bar.
You will thank us later.
There are thousands of used trailers out there that work perfectly as they were built to do. Find a different one.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #3

Wow a bit of a bummer - my wife is really keen on buying this one. The fellow who was the tech said he worked in a RV manufacturing plant for 10 years. This is not an RV dealer but a small business selling RV's and cars. The unit looks fantastic and everything worked other then this. I thought because the Slide is the heaviest one that the trailer not being level caused it to bind. He only used the flat bar to unjam the corner while I pushed the button. It unjamed right away and work in out after we levelled it ok. I know on my 5th wheel they always say to make sure your unit is level before opening slide. I was hoping this was a fixable problem.
Billy Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #4

It would all depend on how unlevel it was? Are we talking like on the side of a hill or a "1/2" a bubble?
Yes, if the trailer is very unlevel or the stabilizers aren't down, the slides will bind.
If you are set on this unit, check under the slide, on top of slide for any damage.
Look for any type of bowing on the interior and exterior wall around the slide indicating a broken wall stud issue.
I would also get in writing that the place will fix it for a year if it happens again..
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:38 PM   #5

I have had to pull at the top of my large slide to get it started in, it was off level quite a bit. Didn't need a bar just pulled at top for a few inches then it went in without help. 2016 41CRS Cottage
agoldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, slide