Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #1

2014 Sunseeker

Slide out motor runs but slide doesn't .was able to get it back in. Sounds like gear on motor. Teeth on gear and track look good.
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:28 AM   #2

Which SS do you have will determine what slide design you have. The Schwintech (sp) in my opinion is easier to work on as the motors are up top behind the gaskets. My '13 3100SS has the Lippert which is under the dinette. Can't imagine how hard it is to get at the motor for replacement with the 3 inches of space between the floor of the dinette and the deck.

wogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #3

It's a 2860 model. slide is for couch behind drivers seat. Single motor with 2drive tracks . I've lubed them in the past but that's just the track and gear not motor gears. Can't find anything on how to manuely get it in or out.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #4

Took it to dealer looks like bad gears in motor. Plastic gears, metal gears very little red grease used from factory. Looks like weeks to get motor can't understand why it would take that long . Then set up a date for repair all day job. The slide might of been opened and closed at the most total 50 times. Slide seals and tracks always lubed.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #5
jmh

I think I'd trade it in on a class A diesel pusher
jmh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, sunseeker