Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #1

2015 268RKS slide out tearing floor

So the slide on my 268RKS has torn the floor and the plastic runner that goes under the slide on the underside and was ripped loose and broke leaving a bare wood ski to ride on linoleum. The slide is also popping the fuse every now and then. I'm hoping there's an adjustment that can raise this up a bit and perhaps solve the fuse blow as well?

I'm pretty mechanically inclined but looking at the slide it appears I could adjust angle but not sure that's the right answer. Is there a way to raise it up a bit to stop damage to the floors?

I had a call in to FR today and they are supposed to email me some directions but I dont have it yet and dont know how long it will take them. I would like to do this before the rain comes back if I can.
Mark1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #2

Have a look at the Lippert master towable manual.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ble-manual.pdf

Figure out what slide system you have and make the vertical adjustments.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #3

How frustrating! We went camping with our friends this last weekend and one of the major issues on their Vibe 268RKS is that the slide is tearing up the floor towards the front of the slide. Talking with my friend, they will have to readjust the slide and make it right. Then, move forward with replacing the floor. They've only had their trailer since April and will have it in the shop the next 6-8 weeks to correct this problem.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
How frustrating! We went camping with our friends this last weekend and one of the major issues on their Vibe 268RKS is that the slide is tearing up the floor towards the front of the slide. Talking with my friend, they will have to readjust the slide and make it right. Then, move forward with replacing the floor. They've only had their trailer since April and will have it in the shop the next 6-8 weeks to correct this problem.
The dealer will repair the floor, not replace it. This would be the same with the factory due to the fact that the trailer is built on top of the floor that is installed on top of the frame / flooring.
Have your friends download the manual I provided and have them or someone else make the adjustments needed while they wait in line for dealer repair.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
The dealer will repair the floor, not replace it. This would be the same with the factory due to the fact that the trailer is built on top of the floor that is installed on top of the frame / flooring.
Have your friends download the manual I provided and have them or someone else make the adjustments needed while they wait in line for dealer repair.
Wouldn't they have to replace/repair it wall to wall? It's kinda tough to make a nice seam in a linoleum floor that is seamless isn't it?

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #6

The reason the dealer will not replace the floor "wall to wall" is due to the factory will not pay for the time involved for the replacement. (remove everything on top of the floor)
Most floors these days are linoleum plank "look", a good repair person cuts out the damaged "planks" and splices in new matching flooring. The repair is virtually invisible when repaired correctly and satisfactory to most.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:09 PM   #7

Quote:
The reason the dealer will not replace the floor "wall to wall" is due to the factory will not pay for the time involved for the replacement. (remove everything on top of the floor)

Most floors these days are linoleum plank "look", a good repair person cuts out the damaged "planks" and splices in new matching flooring. The repair is virtually invisible when repaired correctly and satisfactory to most.

We had purchased a new home where the bathroom linoleum had been repaired. It was not noticeable to us until maybe a yr or two later when I noticed the cut area where the two pcs were glued together had accumulated dirt in the seam. There was an obvious line down the linoleum now. The color was an off white pattern, maybe not so noticeable with a darker color.
Sharon.72064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Have a look at the Lippert master towable manual.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ble-manual.pdf

Figure out what slide system you have and make the vertical adjustments.
I would like to download this manual also but link wouldn't work. Anyone else try?
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, slide, slide out