Old 09-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #1

2015 Mini Lite 2502ks Slide out noise, dropping down, now inoperable

Hi all. We just purchased a used 2015 Mini Lite 2502ks. The slide was out when we looked at it so I didnít notice it. It was also out during our walk through and they closed it while we were finishing up paperwork.

We got it home, I leveled the trailer, plugged it into the house using a 30 to 15 Amp 110v adapter. Rolled the awning out, then extended the slide. Today, I went out to put the slide in, nothing. No noise, donít hear the motors even trying. Lights, awning still works fine.

Based on reading here, tonight Iím going double check if I still have Shore-power, but my initial question to the group is about the noise the slide makes when it did move, and the way it moves.

When the slide moved in and out (when it worked) it seemed to make a heck of a lot of noise; squeaking plastic or rubber on rubber type noise, is this normal? To me it seems like itís not.

Also, the slide moves out a few inches and then the outside edge drops down a bit and continues on, and coming back in, it runs along, then when itís about 3/4 in, the front tilts up, then it seems to straight out and close completely. Looking at it from the outside, it looks straight and seems to be all the way in all around.

Could this be related to not working now? Maybe itís working too hard and blew a fuse?

I do supposedly have a 30 day warranty, so Maybe I need to take it back in for them to look at but I wanted to be well informed if I take it in.

Thank for any and all input!
GCDoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, mini lite, noise, slide, slide out