Old 09-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #1

2016 Georgetown 364ts Bed Slideout Wiring Mess

I have a 2016 Georgetown 364ts that has a slideout that would not fully retract this past weekend. The gearbox in the Bed Slideout is stripped. The gearbox is on order and I will get a professional to install it. I wanted to see what caused the problem, and I went into the storage area under the bed and removed the plywood sheet that makes up the bottom half of the storage area floor. I hope the pictures come through OK and helps show my concern.

There are wires under that plywood sheet and are all balled up in a clump and are also under one of the rollers. Does anyone know how the wires should be routed and attached so I can get things back to where they should be?

Thanks for any advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 364ts Bed Storage Area 1 of 3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	621.2 KB
ID:	216280   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 364ts Bed Storage Area 2 of 3.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	358.3 KB
ID:	216281   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 364ts Bed Storage Area 3 of 3.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	216282  

Tom23IKSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:23 PM   #2

Well, upon repair of the wires by putting the wires back in the plastic wrap and using electrical tape to save the plastic wrap, and then seeing more clearly that the wires were crimped to a coiled heavy duty cord (and using electrical tape on the scuffed and damaged areas of that cord), I am taking the position that the plastic wrap really only gets power to the coiled heavy duty wire that manages the slide out during extending and retracting. There were two wire ties that were junk and released the wires to fend for themselves at some point. The rollers and movement did all of the damage to the wrap, wires and cord when they were free to move. Ultimately, they wound up in the upper right of the previous pictures. I think that bound up the slide resulting in the stripped gear box.

So, I reattached the repaired coiled cord where the wires run to the slide motor (attached to the moving upper floor of the slide in the pictures) and to an area that was on the floor that does not move. My calculations say that the cord will need to expand another 12 inches during the extension of the slide out. The cord will easily handle that extension, if my math is right. See the attached picture.

Let me know if my solution seems reasonable, or let me know where I have gone in the wrong direction.

Interestingly enough, the floor that will go back over the wires making the floor of the under bed storage area had two screws at the foot of the bed that had a bracket to mount to. The front two screws that supposedly held the floor were into nothing! Those floating screws did some wire damage.

Thanks for any corrections or confirmations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	975ED652-291D-43FD-BCF5-903B074BA551.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	455.2 KB
ID:	216394  
Tom23IKSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, georgetown, slide, wiring