Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2020, 10:09 AM   #1

Question 2019 325wolfpack13 slide out keeps stopping

Hi everyone,
Appreciate in advance any help you can provide.

I recently purchased a used 325pack13 toy hauler and it has an issue with the slide out stopping multiple times on the way in and out. When I hit the button to slide out, the far side stove/refrigerator slide goes out with no issue then the near slide with dinette starts moving out and will stop about 50% out. I take my finger off the button and hit it again, it goes another 20% and stops, another 20%, then final 10%. Each time I have to take my finger off the button and restart. The same thing happens on the way back in - one side closes no issue, the other side stops and restarts.

This has not gotten any better or worse during the last 6 open/closes. It was this way when I purchased and the prior owners said it has been this way. Since they had meticulously maintained everything else, we went forward with the purchase, and I figured I would just get it sorted out.

I am concerned I could get stuck somewhere with slides out.
I planned to get underneath and try to see what I can see before calling local dealer, but I dont know what exactly to look for. Or if this is normal.

Any suggestions, watchouts or places to look?
Is this a common issue or just something to live with? I am new to camper ownership but my usual approach is letting something go just leads to a bigger issue.
snoopdogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #2

the best way to start is to let the forum know which slide operator you have and is it elect or hydraulic. Prior to any slide operation you should ensure your batteries are up and be plugged in if possible.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:30 PM   #3

Slide Out Falters

Snoop Dogg,

The same problem occurred with my Georgetown. The smaller slide worked fine, but the big 12' slide did the stop and go. Frustrating and I wondered if it would completely fail.

For other reasons I replaced the two (2) factory 27 DC batteries with four (4) 29 DC batteries from WM and more than doubled my amps. Wow I was pleasantly surprized.

Now the slides work perfectly, and I don't have to turn on the generator or be plugged into AC power to run the slides. I cannot emphasize enough the benefit of the upgrade. The four batteries take no longer to charge and of course they don't discharge as far the the previous dual battery set-up.

The two older batteries were still good at just two years age! I just wanted more capacity so I put one in my boat and used one for the engine.
Sonic Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:12 PM   #4

In my experience, low batteries can cause the auto reset breakers to trip. Wait a second, and they will reset, but trip again as they are still heated. Since slides take so much power, it is always a good idea to be hooked to shore power, generator, or tow vehicle, to assist the batteries a little.
Also, the auto reset breakers can wear out, or be too small. In my 2012 there was a service bulletin to replace the 50 amp with an 80 amp. No more problems for me with the start and stop scenario.
So, check batteries, electrical connections, and the auto reset breaker.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:15 PM   #5

Thanks so much, will do.
I think it was still happening when plugged into generator but now I canít be sure I remember correctly. I will give it a try on generator and check the breakers. Much appreciated!
snoopdogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdogg1 View Post
Thanks so much, will do.
I think it was still happening when plugged into generator but now I canít be sure I remember correctly. I will give it a try on generator and check the breakers. Much appreciated!
If the batteries are low, or have a bad cell, being plugged in won't help much. I would have them load tested, then look at the auto reset breaker.
My auto reset breaker for the slides looks something like this (only it is 80 amps now) https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...s/337CB50.html
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #7

We have a 2021 the system is hydraulic. If yours is hydraulic as well. Check the fluid level with both slides in.
Which ever slide is the easiest to move,( full fridge on one side vs dinette on the other with nothing in the storage area or slides not lubricated.) the dinette will move 1st. till it stalls out against the frame, then the stove/fridge will move.
Mickstir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out