Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #1

26dbh slide question

I have a 2016 Grey Wolf 26dbh. I had it out two times last season and did not notice any issues last season. I've got it home in my driveway, prepping for this seasons maiden voyage. I noticed that when I retract the slide, the bottom plate under the dinette is binding against the floor. The vinyl on the slide plate is catching on the vinyl and causing the entire plate to bow in. I'm afraid that it's going to rip the vinyl floor or break the wood plate.

Can I add a support roller on that side or is it a track issue causing the slide to sag when it's brought in?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
Musky Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musky Dave View Post
I have a 2016 Grey Wolf 26dbh. I had it out two times last season and did not notice any issues last season. I've got it home in my driveway, prepping for this seasons maiden voyage. I noticed that when I retract the slide, the bottom plate under the dinette is binding against the floor. The vinyl on the slide plate is catching on the vinyl and causing the entire plate to bow in. I'm afraid that it's going to rip the vinyl floor or break the wood plate.

Can I add a support roller on that side or is it a track issue causing the slide to sag when it's brought in?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
Not sure what slide mechanism your unit has . could be an adjustment issue . pictures help
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1462929691.862491.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	107477Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1462929736.682992.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	107478
The first pic shows the clearance with the slide completely out. When it is pulled in it runs on the floor. I just realized that it put a nice dimple in the floor. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1462929836.613818.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	107479

The other shows what type of slide mech that I have. There are four of these tracks, one on each corner of the slide. Each has its own motor.

Could this have anything to do with my tt not being level in my driveway. It is off left to right about an inch and a half.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #4

you have the schwintech two motors one on each side. to zero the slide up extend all the way out bring it back in about 8" and then send it out again letting it go till it shuts off do this several times . this should zero it out but will not change the way it sits on the rollers . look under the slide and check your rollers to see if any are broken and did they install enough of them should have at least 4 . if not they skipped at the factory to same time . you may be heading back to the dealer for this . not much you can do on your own other then zero the slide motors .
Old 05-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #5

Looks like to the dealer I go. There is only one roller that I see anywhere underneath. It's against the outside wall at the front end of the slide.

I'll try zeroing it this evening. Thanks for the advise.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #6

how long is the slide ? i have the same system but it only has the dinette to open maybe 8' with 4 rollers underneath . the schwinntech just can't handle big slides even though they appear on many larger slides they cause problems when they do . they have gone to a 500 to 1 motor to replace the 300 to 1 and that has helped . good luck . i hope the dealer has a person on hand that has worked on these if not request they call schwinntech and see if they have a tech that can give it a look
Old 05-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #7

It has the dinette and the sofa in it. If I had to give it a guess, it's at least 12 feet long. It is the raised slide that is approximately 6 inches off the floor. The only roller that I can see from under the slide is roughly a foot from the front end of the slide. I'm not entirely sure how they would add rollers. I'm going to get in touch with the dealer today and see what they say. For now I'm going to use some pieces of carpet under the slide when I bring it in to keep the damage to a minimum.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #8

Any update on this.....?

Our 23DBH has the same issue...
depo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #9

As of this weekend, I noticed that my 2016 23DBH, slide out is also dragging. I also noticed that the wiper seal on the bottom of the slide out is getting bound up in the rollers. I'm guessing that's probably what's throwing mine off. I really don't want to take it in during peak camping season, so for now I'm also using a piece of carpet to protect the floor from damage.
weekendninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide