Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #1

832OKBS Slide Issue

Just got back to Texas from a long trip to Montana and only had one issue with the Flagstaff.
Our model has the bedroom slide, and the wind in Wyoming gave us fits and caused a problem with the front bedroom slide skirt. Apparently, one of the screws had come out of the leading plastic end cap for the skirt, which allowed the skirt to flex and eventually broke the end cap as it flew off. This left an exposed edge which continued to catch air and flex. Shortly, the braces securing the bottom edge broke which left the entire lower skirt panel to catch the wind.
My question: Where do I purchase the plastic end pieces? I can build my own braces if I need to. It's a 2017 model with the front bedroom slide. I want to do the work myself and avoid the local dealer at all costs!
Also, while examining the underside, I noticed that some of the cross over piping has come loose and has the brackets hanging, which I can easily repair. It appears that the entire underneath vapor barrier is sagging. Is that normal?
Thanks in advance, Curtis

Home Base - Celina, TX
Macdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:47 AM   #2

contact forest river directly and see if they will sell the part or give you a suppliers name.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
contact forest river directly and see if they will sell the part or give you a suppliers name.
Thanks for the info. I have dealt with Jake Carter before and was pleased with the results. So I just contacted Jake again and he gave me a contact name in their parts department.
Last time I dealt with the dealer that sold us the trailer, it took three months to get the part replaced under warranty.

Home Base - Celina, TX
Macdonald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide