Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #1

Bed room slide 365saqb. 2014.

Leaking slide.
Had all gaskets replaced 3 times under warentee, the the whole box pulled out and the support beam that holds the rollers was broken and they welded it put box back in. I water checked it with slide in and out with hose before I picked it up. It was good. This was 2 years ago. It’s doing the same thing I took it in to have fixed again now. When I wash it now or after hard rain with wind water comes in bottom of slide on both sides. On the most forward side (right side when inside bed room looking at slide) it’s not bad but on the side to the rear of Rv (left side) it comes in following the plastic trim piece on the bottom of slide and drips all along the plastic piece. Water is all up in there. I thought that piece was a protector for the roller to keep wood slide floor protected but the roller is to the left of it. If I cut the plastic the water will still prob come in just not make it to the hole length of the box and the edge will still get wet. Again, only does when slide is in. When you look at the slide the bottom is almost flush with coach. The top is not as snug. The slide mechanism is inside under the bed so not easily adjusted, if that would even help[emoji849]. I think the water , when gets past my slide topper on the right side corner(looking at it outside) gets in and around the top of the gasket and runs down the length of the slide and also runs along the bottom to the other side. I have some ideas to try but wanted every one to check their sierras for the same leak. You may have it and not know. I’m hoping a slide adjustment and some silicone caulk outside in the right side top corner may fix it. [emoji849][emoji849]. To check just take a hose to it real good while closed up and get water under your topper if u have one. Then go inside and crawl under bed and check where the rollers are and see if any water is there. I’m not talking about a solid stream of high pressure Water but a nice flow like when you are rinsing off after wash. Any help or other ideas would be great.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:28 PM   #2

Omg. Found prob. But can not fix it. Not sure really where Water is starting at but running down INSIDE of slide frame to corners and was running down plastic trim on bottom of slide and then inside. Took off plastic trim an I’m so glad I did. At least I know know both sides are rotted from the. Plastic trim pieces holding the water there all the time. It would have rotted the whole slide out for eventually. When the slides out the water just drips down from the outside frame of the slide out and doesn’t go into the RV. The wood is wet about 1/2 inch on each side. I do not know what to do. It looks like the whole slide out frame has to be taken off and re-sealed. I guess I hope the wet wood will eventually dry and just turn to dust and the rest will stay OK. The kicker is I’ve had this in 3 times for Water inside and it just took this long to leak when the wood got soaked. [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]. If I pay will prob be 1000$.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #3

I think I found prob. Not seal tight at top of slide. Going to have to reasearch how to adjust through frame slide, the mech is under bed. [emoji849]. The dealer did not adjust it right on last repair. It just took a year to get wet enough to leak with lots of rain and wind. Mean while the wood has been rotting in there!! I’m gonna fix this dam thing! First have to pin the topper and move out of way. Then seal the top of slide frame with externabond tape they forgot to put back on. Tear the bed frame out to get t slide. Then adjust the slide(if I can). Then seal the bottom ends of slide floor when and if it ever drys out. [emoji849][emoji36][emoji848][emoji51]
Old 04-23-2018, 07:24 PM   #4

All fixed!!!!!! 22 hours and 100$!!!! And one sore body. This prob had been to dealer twice under warranty for water coming in same spots. I figured it out. No better feeling to find and fix a bad leak yourself. It took extreme persistence and not quitting.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:27 PM   #5

Btw I was wrong. It was a leak from low on the slide frame. I took off and rebuilt the lower part of frame.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:55 PM   #6

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524614071.117785.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	169471
Old 04-24-2018, 07:07 PM   #7

This was caused buy ONE SCREW that went through front/bottom right side of slide out edge framing this Was going on UNDER plastic the guard for 3 years. Water was coming in both sides inside by rollers. Dealer never found it after 2 times taking in. [emoji849]. Once I removed the Guards/trim I saw the damage and that this was carting the water into the Rv. I have never been more proud of myself. I caught the damage in time. It’s drying out nicely. I will treat it with. Zinsser mold/Bactria/fungus paint then trim it back out. Thank God the inside and floor is still good and solid.

Tags
2014, 365, 365saq, bed, roo, slide