Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #1

Lightbulb Bedroom Slide 2012 Sabre 36 QBOK

Hello Everyone!,

I usually just read these for important information but now need to ask a specific question. My front Bedroom slide (Motor and frame located under the bed) is barely going out and with some measurements one side of the slide is over an inch out of plumb with the other side... so I think the motor is fighting a bind when going out. So I need to get it back to square. I'm at a loss as to adjust them just by looking at the equipment and what I've been able to find so far.

On a side note the slide comes in very easily.

I believe I can do it myself I just need some pointers so I don't make it worse!

Thank you all in advance,

Joe
Jdulworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:34 AM   #2

to get the best possible answer please provide the type of slide you have (who mfg the slide hardware) I'm sure someone on the forum will have an answer.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
Always Learning

I have the same camper. The bedroom slide hardware is all under the bed and doesn’t readily have a name I’ve ever been able to find. It might be a Lippert but it’s not a Schwintek and it isn’t a thru-frame slide.

Jdulworth, can you post pictures of it? I would but we enclosed that area in with plywood so I could make storage out of it.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
Always Learning

I think this is it:
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/..._Assembly1.pdf
Old 03-06-2018, 11:31 AM   #5

Thanks for all the replies guys... I'm at work but I will take some pictures of it tonight and post them.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I think you are correct it does look like this model... I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to adjust... regardless I will post some pictures tonight.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #7
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdulworth View Post
I think you are correct it does look like this model... I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to adjust... regardless I will post some pictures tonight.
If that is it, you might be able to call Lippert for some technical documentation or troubleshooting assistance. I know it's hard around work but they're usually fairly helpful.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:46 PM   #8

Just sent them an email but will still do the pics... Thanks
Old 03-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #9

Pictures of the Slide

Here are pictures of the slide I'm trying to get straightened out....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180306_183841.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	164507   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180306_183855.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	164508   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180306_183920.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	164509  
Old 03-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #10

Here is what Lippert pointed me to... unfortunately the documents don't provide any information on how to properly align the slide-out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Electric_Low_Pro_Bed_Slide_Assembly1.pdf (1.98 MB, 24 views)
File Type: pdf Electric_Low_Pro_Bed_Slide_Component.pdf (7.03 MB, 25 views)
Old 03-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #11

Slide-out Suggestions

Looks like you are pretty handy so don't be offended by these basic suggestions.
1. Open it up as much as possible and look for any bends or twists in the slides.
2. Are there any ball bearings or gear teeth laying around? Is there anything stuck in the slides?
3. Are the slides firmly attached to the slide? Have someone push the button as you look at one side at a time, especially as it starts to bind.
4. Is the slide out itself still well attached in the corners and is it still square? All those bad bumps may have shaken the slide-out out of square.
5. This is the hard one. Is there anything stuck under the slide? The white Mylar slide-strip can break and a piece could be jamming the slide. An inspection camera would work well to start with.
Let us know what you find so we can put it in our knowledge base.
CaptZoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #12

Thanks I'm going to check all of these as soon as I can... I didn't see anything that obvious... it is comes in without any issues... but I'm going to double check. When I measured the left side of the slide was over 1" further out than the right when I was extending... which made me thing it was binding up.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #13

Just a final note to let everyone know I was able to fix it by loosing the two bolts on the left side of the slide motor (Looking at the entry door side). Then I removed the bolt and pin that locks the left side rod to the right. I then used a wrench and held the slide rail towards the front of the trailer from moving while slowly manually turning the manual slide extend/retract with a wrench. I periodically stopped and used a tape measure to check the alignment of the slide by measuring the distance from the wood on the top of the slide to the inside wall where it seats when fully extended. It was approx. 1.25 inches out of alignment when I started and I was able to get it nearly equal. I then reinstalled everything and tightened up all of the bolts.

Oh forgot to mention I removed the slide motor by removing the two screws during this procedure. I put it back in and it works as new!

Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Thanks for everyone's quick replies.

Joe
Old 03-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #14
Always Learning

Awesome job! Thanks for reporting back.

Tags
2012, bed, bedroom slide, roo, sabre, slide